Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Leaves Garland

Like many ideas I get, I got this one from Pottery Barn Kids from last year.

First I googled "Fall Leaf Template" and found three different leaves that I liked. I printed them, cut them out and traced a bunch onto felt. I can cut about 2 sheets of felt at a time with my fabric scissors so I pinned them together.



Then I matched up the leaves with fronts and backs and did some stitch work on the front panel with embroidery floss.

Then I sewed the fronts and backs together.  I sort of like the messy look of not trimming them to match up exactly afterwards. You can choose to just do a single layer, but I think that they look more finished off if you sandwich them.


Then I pulled out the ribbon, decided how long I wanted it to be and marked where each leaf should reside.  Then I totally cheated and hot glued them on.

Ta da! I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment